Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMXRT - emWIN

johnot
Contributor I

Hi ,

Have couple of questions.

1. We didn't want to use hyper flash, instead we want to use either QSPI or SD card.

2. Can we use sd card to boot the system and run the emwin gui? Is tools are available to program the SD card from out side and use it in RT board? 

3. Can we use qspi with emwin gui? Since emwin occupy a bigger amount of memory, is it wise to use QSPI for booting? Is tools are available to program the qspi  with USB/uart  connections with PC?

Best regards,

John OT

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi John OT,

>>1. We didn't want to use hyper flash, instead we want to use either QSPI or SD card.
Yes, QSPI nor flash & sd card are both OK.

>>2. Can we use sd card to boot the system and run the emwin gui?
Yes, you can.

>>3. Is tools are available to program the SD card from out side and use it in RT board?
Using MFG Tools to burn images into SD card.

>>4. Can we use qspi with emwin gui? Since emwin occupy a bigger amount of memory.
Yes, you can.

>>is it wise to use QSPI for booting?
Yes, I think so. QSPI NOR FLASH is cheaper than Hyperflash, and it's speed can also be accepted.

>>Is tools are available to program the qspi  with USB/uart  connections with PC?

Yes, you will have 2 options:
--Using MFG Tools to download images into QSPI NOR FLASH.
--Via MCUXpresso IDE or IAR syatem, you can also download images into QSPI NOR FLASH,
But you should use I.MXRT1050 with A1 VERSION and SDK2.3.1 or above for EVKB.
Have a great day,
Rita

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi Rita,

Whether can I flash images to SD card via MCUXpresso IDE.

Any documents regarding the flashing procedure to SD card using MCUXpresso IDE is available?

Thanks & Regards,

Anjali

0 Kudos