FRDM-K28F flash partitions

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K28F flash partitions

gianlucasofia
Contributor I

Hi, I'm using McuXpressoIDE and I'm developing an application on the FRDM-k28F evaluation board. I wanted to partition the 2 MB flash into three sectors.

In the first partition i would to run a small program that understands which of the other two partitions is valid .

If one of the two partitions is valid, the small program  should copy it in RAM and let it run.

Can you suggest where to find examples?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

The K28 internal 2MB Flash consists 4 512-KB Program Flash blocks.

Below block diagram shows the detailed info:

pastedImage_1.png

What kind of partition application customer want to do with Flash?

Could you provide more detailed info about partition application? Thanks.

Have a great day,
Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

gianlucasofia
Contributor I

I try to explain better what I want to do.

I want to guarantee recovery in case of incorrect application software upgrade.

pastedImage_1.png

1) Start from standard boot and jump in FLASH (My Secondary Boot  first 64k of Flash)  .

2) My secondary boot read the info environment banks partition (second 64k flash ) to identifies which bank is valid.

3) if It find a valid bank then copy  my application in SRAM and execute it.

This behavior to guarantee the recovery a valid backup application after a software upgrade.

In fact I thought to use the non-active bank to download my new software. If new software does not start,  I can rollback on old software.

Is possible to partition the flash ?  For example : 4 partitions of  64k, 64k, 1010k, 1010k.

How can I do this? Any example?

Tks

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you for the detailed info.

The K28 2MB flash with 4 physical blocks with 512KB each, which couldn't be partition to four different size.

About Bootloader reliable update, I would recommend customer to refer Kinetis Bootloader V2.0.0 reference manual chapter 12.

The K28 chip supports both kinds of reliable update implementation.

The detailed info, please check here.

pastedImage_1.png

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Mike

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

gianlucasofia
Contributor I

Hi, another question,  I would like to run my code in ram,  on K27 MC is possible use more than 512kb of ram to copy my code and run it?

Tks

Gianluca

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

K27 MCU provides SDRAM controller and Flexbus module, which could be used to extend the external SRAM.

Customer can copy the code to external SRAM, for example SDRAM, and run the code at SDRAM.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Mike

0 Kudos