enable only core0 in MPC5746R

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enable only core0 in MPC5746R

robinjoseph1811
Contributor I

Could you please let me know how to configure only core0 for MPC5746R ? I am able to boot it from Core1. Even though I did the similar change (change in BAF session) for core0 its not booting up.

Labels (1)
4 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

As James wrote the boot core is by default core1.

As the Boot assist code programmed in NXP factory is VLE code.

Actually you can start device with only core0 via custom RCHW, but your device will crash right after first few instructions. It will require custom BAF code. And I am not sure if this is possible on latest cut or this area is already OTP due to unintended erases of BAF by customers.

Your device booting by default from core1. In BAF the core0 is enabled so your SW can be executed right after reset from core0. I see no issue here except increased power consumption as there is no way to disable core1 except device reset.

Peter

anderseskilson
Contributor I

As far as I understand you must disable Core1 if you use the MPC5743R variant and only use Core0 (and checker core). That is my understanding after reading NXP application note AN5234. This seems to work but giving me headache with Lauterbach debugger scripts to support this enabling and disabling of cores...

Do you have any tips on Lauterbach demo scripts for initialization and flashing supporting this MPC5743R scenario with booting on Core1->enabling Core0->Disabling Core1 ?

Regards

Anders

0 Kudos

jamesmurray
Contributor V

The boot core is always core 1 as far as I can tell. So it doesn't seem like you could only use core 0. Why would you want to do that anyway?

James

robinjoseph1811
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply. Because my OS is using only core0. In the OS, the initialisation is based on the enabled core. That why I want to enable only the core0.

0 Kudos