AnsweredAssumed Answered

IMX6ULL EMMC BOOT

Question asked by Carlos Fernandez on May 16, 2018
Latest reply on May 18, 2018 by Carlos Fernandez

Hi all,

I'm using the UTP communicatin interface in the mfg_tools in order flash my imx6ullevk based custom board. EMMC is flashed ok and zImage, device tree and root file system are written OK in the EMMC but u-boot is not booting at startup.

1. The EMMC is set on usdhc2 position
2. The boot configuration seems to bee OK in order to boot from EMMC-1
3. The commands using for flashing the u-boot are the same that used in mfg_tools ucl2.xml. And I'm using the u-boot-imx6ull14x14evk_emmc.imx file in mfg_tools L4.9.11_1.0.0-ga_mfg-tools. These are the executed commands:

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="send" file="mksdcard.sh.tar">Sending partition shell</CMD>
<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ tar xf $FILE "> Partitioning...</CMD>
<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ sh mksdcard.sh /dev/mmcblk%mmc%"> Partitioning...</CMD>

<!-- burn uboot -->
<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk%mmc% bs=1k seek=768 conv=fsync count=136">clear u-boot arg</CMD>
<!-- access boot partition -->
<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ echo 0 > /sys/block/mmcblk%mmc%boot0/force_ro">access boot partition 1</CMD>
<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="send" file="files/u-boot-imx6ull%6uluboot%_emmc.imx" ifdev="MX6ULL">Sending u-boot.bin</CMD>
<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ dd if=$FILE of=/dev/mmcblk%mmc%boot0 bs=512 seek=2">write U-Boot to sd card</CMD>
<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ echo 1 > /sys/block/mmcblk%mmc%boot0/force_ro"> re-enable read-only access </CMD>
<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ mmc bootpart enable 1 1 /dev/mmcblk%mmc%">enable boot partion 1 to boot</CMD>

But after flashing and setting the boot switches OK, nothing appears on my serial terminal. If I boot from SD, everything goes OK and I can manage to boot zImage and rootfs in EMMC, but u-boot is never booting from EMMC.

What could be wrong?

Thanks in advance

Outcomes