cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash erasing in 5777C using S32DS IDE

maddularajesh
Contributor III

Hai,

we are developing bootloader for MPC5777C controllers. we have downloaded drivers and all are working fine. For our application we are using low,mid,HIgh blocks of flash for some data storage. Large block is using for code storage.When iam dumping the code using S32DS IDE only large block of flash is erasing and low,mid & high blocks are not erasing. Kindly suggest the settings to be changed for erasing of low.mid& high blocks of flash for evrytime code dumping through S32DS IDE.

Thanks & regards,

M.N.V.Rajesh

0 Kudos
4 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I added HOWTO document including python s-record generator script

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-340734 

Hope it helps. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos

maddularajesh
Contributor III

Please suggest anyone. i have stucked up because of this..

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi again, 

I tested the empty srec flashing - and it is working. But using this method is not so comfortable. You need to flash another project prior to debug your main application. But it is only working workaround as I know.  

In attachment is project including empty srecord for 0x000000-0x03FFFF range. For erasing just run debug in this project. Make sure that you are using alternative programming algorithm:

pastedImage_1.png

I'm going to add more generic howto including python srec generator script in documents. 

Jiri

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

this is PE Micro issue PE Micro doesn't touch block which is not used for flashing. The workaround is generate .srec file with empty data for each particular block. I did not test it yet - I'll do that later today and let you know. 

Jiri

0 Kudos