HID iClass cards and NFC lib on CLRC663 plus frontend

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HID iClass cards and NFC lib on CLRC663 plus frontend

alexeybulgakov
Contributor I

Hello community, I am using OM26630FDK: CLRC663 plus NFC Frontend Development Kit in my development. Among many different card's techno I have to implement support for HID iClass DL cards (picopass 2k). My question is did someone was able to successfully initialize NFC lib so that it is detects iclass cards properly?

So far I have been playing with advanced discovery example and can see that when I am taping with an iclass card, the discovery loop return status 0x4086 which is corresponded to PHAC_DISCLOOP_LPCD_NO_TECH_DETECTED (0x0086). As per comments from the library code:

/**

Low Power Card Detection (LPCD) succeeded but no technologies detected.
This status is returned by \ref phacDiscLoop_Run in passive poll mode when LPCD is enabled and LPCD returned success but no technologies were detected during technology detection stage of passive poll mode. This can be due to false triggering of LPCD interrupt or LPCD triggered by a card/device not supported by discovery loop.

*/

Any idea of how to make NFC lib example running on CLRC663 able to detect HID iClass cards?

P.S. I have seen few questions here already were asked about iClass cards but only very bref answers were given such as explaining that iClass cards are ISO 15693 compliant.

I will really appreciate if someone can shows some examples or at least give some directions of where to go and what to look for...many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

salejo
Contributor I

Hello, 

i use clrc633 to read the HID iclass ID. The cards that i use has additional letters printed on card (DL), card is using ISO15693 communication protocol. After a lot of unsuccessful retries i finally read the card ID, but when i compare the number which the reader give me with real card number there is a difference.

Real card number: E0 12 FF F9 01 62 F9 F8

Card number from my reader: 3F 5F 2C 20 FF 5F 02 1C 20 74

I suppose that 10 bytes from the reader contain 2 bytes CRC, but the card number is complete different. 

I read a lot of documentation for HID iclass, i do not found that card ID is encoded.

Please give me advice how to extract the real number from the number which the reader send me.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

By any chance have you checked the example available in the NXP Reader library called NfcrdlibEx5_ISO15693

You can verify in the Readme.txt the limitations and restrictions of the example, but that might work for you as a guide. 

Regards, 

Estephania 

alexeybulgakov
Contributor I

Hello Estephania, thank you for your reply. Indeed, it was one of the first thing I have cheked, and been playing around this example, however every time I tap with iclass card, discovery loop always return PHAC_DISCLOOP_LPCD_NO_TECH_DETECTED (0x0086) as was mentioned before. I was thinking if there are any parametrs (timeouts, acknoladgment, delays, power, etc.) that I need to change from default ones?

Have you tried to use this example with HID iclass cards? If so, does it work? What is your library version?

I am really stuck with that problem.

Cheers

Alexey.

0 Kudos

lucamoreschi
Contributor I

Hi Alexy, I'm starting right now with CLRC633 and I have the same problem reading iCard.

Have you solve the problem?

Regards

Luca

0 Kudos

alexeybulgakov
Contributor I

Hi Luca, the answer is no, sorry to say that, but iClass(HID) is not supported by NXP NFC reader lib for CLRC633. The problem comes from proprietary settings required to configure CLRC633  to support ISO14443 anti collision mechanism to activate the tag with ACTALL command. Those settings are HID proprietary and not NXP is not allowed to share them with everyone. But if you can reach HID and get those settings, you will still need to change some part of read lib functions, as they are not supporting iclass command set. Cheers. Alexey

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I'm sorry but I have not worked with those with those cards before, nonetheless, it might be regarding the fact that those cards use dynamic authentication key, that support needs to be added as well for the reader.

By any chance, have you contacted HID for more information regarding this? Thay might give you a better guidance on the usage of their cards. 

Regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos