How to setup environment to use Matlab with MPC5566MZP144 and the evaluation board MPC5566EVB

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup environment to use Matlab with MPC5566MZP144 and the evaluation board MPC5566EVB

sudeepsingh
Contributor I

Hi,
I want to use MPC5566MZP144 and Evaluation board MPC5566EVB to teach a graduate course on automotive electronics. We previously used older model of MPC boards made by Motorola but now we want to upgrade.

I want to use matlab for running SIL and code generation for target (Using Embedded coder) and then finally run HIL

Now the problem is no documentation exists on-line as to how to setup the environment for MPC5566MZP144 and Evaluation board MPC5566EVB and use MATLAB along with it to run SIL and HIL simulations.

It would be great if you provide me with the following information:
1. How to setup a seamless environment for the above mentioned hardware and Matlab.
2.Please mention all the required software and tools that I need to setup this environment and their purchase and licensing details(I don't need demo softwares, interested in unlimited floating license)
3. A small demo video of the same
4.Documentation and information about RAppID Toolbox and how to use it with Matlab.
https://www.mathworks.com/hardware-support/nxp.html

Here's a link to mathworks website where they say that MPC55xx family is compatible with matlab's embedded code
r

0 Kudos
1 Reply

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sudeepsingh

The toolbox for MPC5566EVB is quite old, limited and no longer supported - since part of the tools/dependencies used for code generation are no longer maintained.

If you wish to "teach a graduate course on automotive electronic" then i would suggest to have a look at MPC5744P or S32K.

These are newer processors dedicated for automotive applications and more important - there are low cost kits available for each of them in the range of $50, and of course active support in this community.

Best regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos