cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeRTOS+IO Board Support Package BSP for the LPC1768

Jump to solution
michaelbinz
Contributor III

I'm trying to get an existing prototype project using the LPC1768 working and had good success so far. 

The last piece we're missing is the current version of the 'FreeRTOS+IO Board Support Package BSP for the LPC1768'.

I do have a version 1.0.1 of this, containing CAN, I2C, SSP, UART drivers (in files named FreeRTOS_lpc17xx_i2c.c for example). These are somewhat outdated, since they use an older version of the CMSIS library that misses definitions that we need.

The FreeRTOS+IO package available from the FreeRTOS website has no content at all for the lpc1768.

I did find example code on git hub, mentioning exactly what we are looking for: GitHub - barathbushan/CanDriverOnFreeRTOS: FreeRTOS+IO provides a Linux/POSIX like open(), read(), w... 

but this project has only sample code for the library I'm looking for

After investigating the NXP Web page, it seems that we need LPCOpen for lpc1768, but I could not track down a version that contains the drivers we need (CAN, I2C, SSP, UART). I also failed to download the 'LPC Xpresso IDE' which according to the GIT Hub link was used to develop the samples.

So my question is: Where can I download a version of the FreeRTOS+IO Board Support Package BSP for the LPC1768 containing the CAN, I2C, SSP, UART drivers? Best case would be a version that also has USB.

Best wishes,

Michael.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Michael, 

For the LPC1768 you can use the LPCOpen for the LPC1769. You can download it from the next link: 

https://www.nxp.com/downloads/en/software/lpcopen_2_10_lpcxpresso_nxp_lpcxpresso_1769.zip 

Regarding the LPCXpresso IDE I highly recommend you to download MCUXpresso IDE instead, since this is our newest IDE and it supports LPC's. You can download the IDE from the next link: 

MCUXpresso IDE|Eclipse-based Integrated Development Environment (IDE)|NXP 

Hope it helps!

Victor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Michael, 

For the LPC1768 you can use the LPCOpen for the LPC1769. You can download it from the next link: 

https://www.nxp.com/downloads/en/software/lpcopen_2_10_lpcxpresso_nxp_lpcxpresso_1769.zip 

Regarding the LPCXpresso IDE I highly recommend you to download MCUXpresso IDE instead, since this is our newest IDE and it supports LPC's. You can download the IDE from the next link: 

MCUXpresso IDE|Eclipse-based Integrated Development Environment (IDE)|NXP 

Hope it helps!

Victor.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos