OM13085 module debug locks module under MCUXpressoIDE_10.1.1_606 on W7 Platform

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OM13085 module debug locks module under MCUXpressoIDE_10.1.1_606 on W7 Platform

rnk2014
Contributor II

I recently purchase an OM13085 module which I've been trying to get started on.  I installed mCUXpressoIDE_10.1.1_606 and started with the blinky example for the LCU1769 chip that is on the board.  I chose to use the default debug probe offered by the IDE when I started the session.

The debugger worked initially, but when I stopped debugging and went back to make some changes things went wrong.

The IDE reported that it couldn't restart debugging because there was an active debug session already, and I could not find any way to halt the debug session.  In frustration I replugged the usb to cycle power on the board, and it had no effect.  I couldn't find any references to people having similar problems on this module.

I tried to use the MBED system, but the module seems hung up.  MBED reports "SWD Error" and is hung.  Looking around at the project settings I cannot find anything that will break the deadlock.  The one LED that was lit during the stopped debug session is just hung up, and the module is unresponsive.

Can anyone advise what I should do at this point?  Is this a problem with the IDE?  Am I missing a setting somewhere in the IDE that can restart / close the debug session?  (I have tried a few settings under the debug configuration and nothing works.  For all intent and purposes the board is locked up.

Rich

0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Check in Task Manager that none of the debug executables are still running (arm-none-eabi-gdb, crt_emu_cm_redlink, redlinkserv).

Then power your board down, and try turning it back on with ISP pulled - as described in : Regaining debug access to target MCU . Then do a mass erase using the GUI Flash Programmer tool built into the IDE - to overwrite whatever changes you made to the application that is in the flash.

Now try debugging one of the standard examples again.

Note : you may also wish to check that you have the latest CMSIS-DAP firmware installed for the LPC11U35 debug probe circuitry on your board : https://community.nxp.com/community/lpc/blog/2017/09/11/new-debug-probe-firmware-drivers-for-max-boa... 

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos