cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downloading uboot from i.mx6

chrystianklonec
Contributor I

Dear All,

could you please tell me if there is a possibility to download uboot from a i.mx6q using mfgtool or at least jtag?

If it's not possible through mfgtool, do I need RealView or is there an other, better way to do it?

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Here you can use the mfgtool to download uboot , you need to modify the uxl2.xml file in the mfgtool.

Only u-boot download process exist, then you can use it to download the uboot.

Hope this can do help for you.
Have a great day,
Rita

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

chrystianklonec
Contributor I

Dear Rita,

thank you for your fast reply. I saw already the pull command in the ucl2.xml file but I wasn't sure if it's working properly and I don't want to damage the board. In your opinion using the pull command I can get uboot from a imx6q, correct?

Thank you and best regards,

Chrystian

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chrystian,

My above method is download only the u-boot to you i.MX6 board. Here you mean get u-boot from a i.mx6q, I am confused, could you tell me more?

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos

chrystianklonec
Contributor I

Hi Rita,

yes, you're right, i need to read / get the u-boot from a working i.mx6. In the header from the ucl2.xml file is the command 'pull' listed so I'm wondering if I can read the u-boot using this command. Do you know if it's possible? If not, I suppose I will have to try with with Jtag and RealView.

Wish you also a great day.

Best regards,

Chrystian

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chrystian,

I have do further confirmed for you that we do not have solutions for read / get the u-boot from a working i.mx6. Here if you want the u-boot for i.mx6q, you can build images yourself. Or if you design the board yourself, you need to do porting the BSP first. If you buy the i.mx6q board, you can contact the vender to get the u-boot.
Have a great day,
Rita

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

chrystianklonec
Contributor I

Dear Rita,

thank you so much for your reply. Could you please let me know for what the function 'pull' can be used?  

Header tells that :"pull" - Does UtpRead(body, file) transaction.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Chrystian

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chrystian,

I will do further confirm for you, and then give you reply.

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos