Debug Customer's System with Link2 Not Providing Enough Power

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug Customer's System with Link2 Not Providing Enough Power

leechen
Contributor III

I have this question that if my customer's system require large power to operate, which is much bigger than the electric current Link2 can provide. How should I debug my customer's system with Link2?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hi  Lee Chen,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
the opportunity to serve you.
The custom board is able to be supplied by an alternative power source when JP2 is open in the LPC-link2.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

leechen
Contributor III

Thank for reply Jeremy.  Do you mean when customer's board has power supply itself, I need to leave JP2 open, with Link2 connected to customer's board with only SWCLK, SWDIO, and GND? 

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lee Chen

Yes, it's.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

leechen
Contributor III

but I get this error when I have JP2 open. Picture as shown below.

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 11.17.41 AM.pngIMG_4169.JPG

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lee Chen,

Thanks for your reply.

You should remove jumper of JP1 if you want to debug the target board with LPC-link2.
Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos

leechen
Contributor III

Yes I did have both JP1 and JP2 removed as shown on the picture above.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lee Chen,

Sorry, I made a typo error.

It should be "You shouldn't remove jumper of JP1 if you want to debug the target board with LPC-link2."

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If the customer is using a different supply, there's no reason for the LPC-Link2 to supply power. So, leave it unconnected.

Thanks and regards,

MCUXpresso Support

0 Kudos

leechen
Contributor III

I am having a problem that when it's 2.9V on customer's board, I can use Link2 to go into debug mode. However, after customer raised the voltage to 3.4V, I cannot go into debug mode. I don't understand why this is happening. Is there any way I can use oscilloscope to see what's causing the problem?

0 Kudos

leechen
Contributor III

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 11.46.02 AM.png

0 Kudos

leechen
Contributor III

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 9.46.53 AM.png

0 Kudos