Which Arm toolchain i have to use to buil baremetal code in windows for LS1043A

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Arm toolchain i have to use to buil baremetal code in windows for LS1043A

ranadeepreddyva
Contributor I

could anybody tell me which arm tool chain i have to use for LS1043A (ARM V8,A53) to build bare metal code (AARCH 32 bit) in Windows. Can i install that Arm tool chain in CodeWarrior? How?

Thank you
Rana.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

eieio
Contributor I

Hi Team,

Thanks for your support. Can you please help in answering the below questions:

1. We would like to run Arm V8 (LS1043A processor) in 32 bit mode. Is there any IDE that can support in this mode?

2. If there is no environment (IDE) available, let us know the way on generating the build in 32 bit mode for LS1043A processor?

A quick response is highly appreciated.

Regards,
M.Sreenivasan.

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Just for compiling the application, you can use CodeWarrior for ARMv7, but just for this scope. If you need also the connection to the board you will need CodeWarrior for ARMv8.

Adrian

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ranadeep Reddy Vanga,

For 32 bit ARM bare metal Toolchain, you could download CodeWarrior for Networked Applications package from CodeWarrior Dev Tools for Networked Apps|NXP, then install CodeWarrior for ARM v7, you will get 32 bit ARM ARCH Toolchain gcc-linaro-arm-none-eabi-4.9.3 in C:\Freescale\CW4NET_<version>\CW_ARMv7\Cross_Tools.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ranadeepreddyva
Contributor I

Hi yipingwang
In here i found gcc-linaro-arm-none-eabi-4.9.3 tool chain in the path C:\Freescale\CW4NET_v2016.01\CW_ARMv7\Cross_Tools.

1) So you are saying that this will work for me to build My startup code(I wrote bare metal startup code for LS1043A to bootup in AArch32 bit exexution mode) in windows Right???.

2)For AArch32 bit mode can i use ARMV7 architecture tool chain??? 
please reply ASAP.

And one more thing i found that there is another tool chain named gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.9.3  is this for Linux???

Thank you so much
Rana

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

LS1043 it is an ARMv8 target, supported in CodeWarrior for ARMv8. For changing the toolchain document attached in previous post can be used.

Adrian

0 Kudos

ranadeepreddyva
Contributor I

Hi addiyi‌ Thanks for the document...
            Actually I want to boot the LS1043A-RDB in AARCH32 bit mode. Code warrior is not providing baremetal 32bit startup code. So I did wrote a code. I want to build that. That is why i want the tool chain and I want to know i can able to add that tool chain to codewarrior or not.

According to Arm V8 reference manual it is fully compatible to Arm V7 architecture. May be That is why  yipingwang

told me to use that tool chain from CodeWarrior for ARMv7. But i'm not sure linaro tool chain will work for baremetal code or not.

Thanks
Rana.

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please refer to attached document.

Adrian

0 Kudos