cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I use MCUX for the Kinetis KV58

Jump to solution
joebirch
Contributor III

I have been working with KDS 3.2. I ported to MCUX. It builds and runs OK but I noticed Embsys registers doesn't support the KV58. I am using org.eclipse.cdt.embsysregview_0.2.6.jar

So specifically I'd like to know if there is EmbSys support. And in general, what's the feeling for going to MCUX for the KV58. Should I stay with KDS?

Thanks

Joe

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Joe,

The EmbSysRegView plugin currently cannot be used in Eclipse Neon (MCUXpresso is Eclipse Neon based, the latest Eclipse today).

But you don’t need that one, because MCUxpresso IDE has the Peripherals+ view, see

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2017/03/28/mcuxpresso-ide-unified-eclipse-ide-for-nxps-arm-cortex-m-microco...

You have to clock the peripheral in order see its values.Otherwise the Register value will be empty.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Joe,

Our recommended IDE for KV58 is MCUXpresso IDE.

But KDS is also available for KV58, if EmbSysRegView doesn't support it, I suggest you refer this article to add KV58 to EmbSys Registers.

Adding a new chip to Embsys Registers. 

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
joebirch
Contributor III

Thank you for your reply.

The article you referenced is for KDS. MCUX doesn't follow the same directory format.

Can you provide instructions for adding  a chip to EmbSys on MCUX?

Joe

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Joe,

The EmbSysRegView plugin currently cannot be used in Eclipse Neon (MCUXpresso is Eclipse Neon based, the latest Eclipse today).

But you don’t need that one, because MCUxpresso IDE has the Peripherals+ view, see

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2017/03/28/mcuxpresso-ide-unified-eclipse-ide-for-nxps-arm-cortex-m-microco...

You have to clock the peripheral in order see its values.Otherwise the Register value will be empty.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos