cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My imx6Q-Saber-SD board can't boot and doesn't has SW6 boot mode switch

Jump to solution
zhangjiansheng
Contributor II

Hi, I have just received the imx6Q-Saber-SD board. I try to run linux uboot and kernel in the board by boot from SD card.  I have download L4.9.11_1.0.0-ga_images_MX6QPDLSOLOX. I make the SD card image using the command,

sudo dd if=fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx-x11-imx6qpdlsolox.sdcard of=/dev/sdb bs=1M && sync

I insert the SD card to SD2 and power on, the board seems not boot, and the debug console has no print.

According to the user guide, the SW6 switch need to be configured to boot from SD card. But I examine and find my board hasn't the SW6 switch. 

So what is the problem?  

See the board picture in the attachment.

Thanks a lot.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Zhang Jiansheng,

The board in the picture is a i.MX6SX SABRE. The image you loaded on the SD card is correct, but you would need to load the appropriate bootloader.

Please look for the SoloX u-boot file on the images package you downloaded and load it to the SD card (after you have loaded the .sdcard mage) to write the correct bootloader to the SD card. You can see more details on this on section 4.3.4 (Copying a bootloader image) of the i.MX Linux User’s Guide.

This board uses switches SW10, SW11 and SW12 for the boot configuration. You can see the configuration for booting from the SD card in slot SD4 on section 4.5.4 of the same document.

I hope this information helps!

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
zhangjiansheng
Contributor II

Hi gusarambula,

You are right. My board is i.MX6SX SABRE-SDB, and I mistaked as  i.MX 6 SABRE-SD. It works after I have written the SoloX u-boot file and insert the SD to SD4.

Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Zhang Jiansheng,

The board in the picture is a i.MX6SX SABRE. The image you loaded on the SD card is correct, but you would need to load the appropriate bootloader.

Please look for the SoloX u-boot file on the images package you downloaded and load it to the SD card (after you have loaded the .sdcard mage) to write the correct bootloader to the SD card. You can see more details on this on section 4.3.4 (Copying a bootloader image) of the i.MX Linux User’s Guide.

This board uses switches SW10, SW11 and SW12 for the boot configuration. You can see the configuration for booting from the SD card in slot SD4 on section 4.5.4 of the same document.

I hope this information helps!

Regards,