AnsweredAssumed Answered

Linker error. CodeWarrior for MCU Version: 10.6.4 Build Id:150416, Kinetis MK701NM0, MQX 5.1

Question asked by william bracey on May 3, 2018
Latest reply on May 9, 2018 by william bracey

Linker error. CodeWarrior for MCU Version: 10.6.4 Build Id:150416, Kinetis MK701NM0, MQX 5.1

Any suggestions for correcting the following errors from the linker -

arm-none-eabi-g++: error: $(MCUToolsBaseDirEnv)/ARM_GCC_Support/ewl/lib/armv7e-m/softfp/__arm_end.o: No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-g++: error: $(MCUToolsBaseDirEnv)/ARM_GCC_Support/ewl/lib/armv7e-m/softfp/__arm_start.o: No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-g++: error: $(PSP)/psp.a: No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-g++: error: $(BSP)/bsp.a: No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-g++: error: $(MFS)/mfs.a: No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-g++: error: $(SHELL1)/shell.a: No such file or directory
mingw32-make: *** [ED_S3_EtherCAT.elf] Error 1

This is a new project where I am adapting the board support for new hardware from a previous project and moving it to use MQX 5.1 from MQX4.1.

Libraries build with no errors and the above mentioned .a files are present. Application project compiles with no errors but doesn't link.

An alternative project based on MQX5.1 builds successfully on my PC. This project fails with the same errors on a colleagues PC.

The paths to MQX5.1 folders and CW MCU v10.6.4 folders in the Project Settings look good.

The $() variables in the errors above appear to be defined in makefile.local and used by makefile both of which are auto-generated in the project output folder. The paths defined in makefile.local look good.

I have obviously failed to set something up correctly in the project.

thanks.

Outcomes