Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso Config Tools : No toolchain project detected

Jump to solution
NicolasP
Contributor IV

Hi,

I'm switching from KDS to MCUXpress for one of my designs. I'm starting from scratch (not trying to migrate).

I have created a MCUXpresso IDE project and a MCUXpresso Config Tools project.

I have located my xxx.mex file in MCUXpresso IDE project directory.

I have set pins, peripherals and clocks up in MCUXpresso Config Tools.

My problem is that MCUXpresso Config Tools complains : No toolchain project detected

What should I do to fix this problem ?

Nicolas

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nicolas Pinault ,

The MCUXpresso IDE has intergrated MCUXpresso Config Tools, includes pins, peripherals and clocks,

so the standalone MCUXpresso Config Tools doesn't suppot MCUXpresso IDE toolchain . You can directly

config then on IDE .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nicolas Pinault ,

The MCUXpresso IDE has intergrated MCUXpresso Config Tools, includes pins, peripherals and clocks,

so the standalone MCUXpresso Config Tools doesn't suppot MCUXpresso IDE toolchain . You can directly

config then on IDE .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
r_strassburg
Contributor I

I'm having the same problem, sort of, with the config tool for the lpc55s69. I configured my pins directly in MCUxpresso, using the tool, and have been able to generate the files - up to now. I just made a couple of pin changes, and now the tool tells me it can't update the project because there's allegedly no toolchain project in the configuration directory. I don't know how to get out of this state, short of starting over from scratch!

0 Kudos
r_strassburg
Contributor I

I now tried to import the .mex file again, to see if that fixes it, and I get the message:

Unsupported target project. Target processor is not supported in current version of the Config Tools.

The tool seems to be corrupting itself somehow.

0 Kudos
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Roger,

are you using MCUXpresso IDE? What version?

Did you update the SDK, or the only change was the Pins configuration?

Please attach <workspace>/.metadata/.log to see if there's some problem reported.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos
r_strassburg
Contributor I

Hi Libor,

I'm using the MCUXpresso IDE version 10.3.1 with the 2.5.1 version of the lcpxpresso55s69 SDK.

0 Kudos
r_strassburg
Contributor I

Here's the log.

0 Kudos
r_strassburg
Contributor I

And I just got it to work again. I saw a message that no core was selected, so I selected one, and now I can update the project.

Thanks for your quick response.

0 Kudos
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Roger,

glad to hear it is working again. In the log I can see some error, that the SDK was not accessible (thus Config Tools were limited). I'm curious - just before the issue, did you do some update/refresh of the SDK?

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos
r_strassburg
Contributor I

Hello Libor,

No, I didn't. I have been having problems with the debugger, though,

that think may have to do with something in my environment. I'll post a

question on that later if problems continue.

Thanks again.

Roger

0 Kudos
NicolasP
Contributor IV

Hi Alice,

Thanks for your quick and efficient answer.

Best regards,

Nicolas

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi  Nicolas,

It's my plesure.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos