cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use the different make modules in zigbee network for (JN5178x) stack

mohammadfaizan
Contributor III

Hi, 

I would like to know about the zigbee modules. I want to send the text message using a zigbee to  a LED display boards. I have a number of displays to show a different text. Suppose I have a total 50 led display boards, and I used a JN5178x zigbee module for few led boards and for other boards can I used a digi inter modules or silicon lab module. Is it possible to include a different zigbee modules in our network which is created by using a NXP stack. Can you suggest how to get started with the zigbee, which module is best fitted for my requirement, I have a custom board LPC1788.

warm regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies

ovidiu_usturoi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Depends on your application. JN5179, is newer so I will recommend this one.

As alternative for JN, you can also check KW41 that have 512KB Flash, 128 RAM and could works in BLE and 802.15.4 (ZigBee, Thread) in the same time (dual-application supported).

Regards,

Ovidiu

ovidiu_usturoi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  Mohammad,

Considering Zigbee 3.0 or ZigBee Home Automation specification, the interoperability between vendors is subject of certification. So definitely these will work together if the stack is certified.

Below is a link to our website for ZigBee3.0 and ZigBee Home automation application notes:

-  ZigBee 3.0|NXP or

ZigBee Home Automation|NXP . 

Considering the topic of your application (Lighting) , you can use JN-AN-1189-ZigBee-HA-Demo application note as a startup.

Regards,

Ovidiu

mohammadfaizan
Contributor III

Thanks Ovidiu,

I look for the new evaluation board JN5169 EK004 and JN5179 SDK, I didn;t find the bit rate of zigbee module, number of channels supported and price. I have a requirement of 250Kbps bit rate, 16 channels. Can you please help me to get that details.

warm regards

0 Kudos

mohammadfaizan
Contributor III

Hi,

I am confuse, which zigbee module is better JN5169 or  JN5179 means EK004 or DK005 kit. Please can you suggest.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mohammad,

The JN5179 is newer but has limited support. Anyway, we provide different examples compatibles with the JN5169.

As you know the JN517x DK005 is in end of life status. But the module is available.

pastedImage_1.png

And the JN5169 is in active status. module and dev kit.

Mario