cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using USB-KW019032 on Test Tool Protocol Analyzer

luiszavargo
Contributor II

Dear all 

While looking for a sniffer solution for ZigBee Sub-1 GHz band, I found USB-KW019032 as a very interesting option. I am about to buy it. According to the product web page, https://www.nxp.com/products/wireless-connectivity/sub-1-ghz-wireless-solutions/packet-sniffer-usb-d..., the corresponding sniffer software is Test Tool / Protocol Analyzer.

I have downloaded Test Tool 12.7.6.8 from NXP website and open the user manual to understand the sniffer features. And I got surprised when I read on the User Manual (section 6.2) that the compatible hardware for Protocol Analyzer does not include USB-KW019032. I think it is some piece of missing information. In fact, I can see that Test Tool includes the firmware USB KW01 sniffer.

Besides, previously, I had some issues with the downloaded version of Test Tool to save traces captured with an USB-KW24 device. We solved the issue by using the test tool included in the BeeKit package, not the Test Tool standalone package that can be downloaded from the website. As the Test Tool included in the BeeKit package does not include sniffer firmware for USB-KW01, I am worried that maybe the Test Tool included in BeeKit does not work with USB-KW019032 or maybe Test Tool 12.7.6.8 is not able to save traces captured with USB-KW019032.

So my question is: has anybody used USB-KW019032 as a sniffer using Test Tool and has been able to save the captured packets? In that case, which version of Test Tool and OS have you used?

Thank you very much for your collaboration and best regards

Luis

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

luiszavargo
Contributor II

Dear all

Finally we purchased the devices. Upon some problems, they are working fine on Test Tool. Just in case you need some help, make sure you flash the "bin" files included in the KW01_Connectivity_Software_1.0.0 package. Do not use the files included in the Test Tool package. I have not been able to make the sniffer work on Japan band, but it is working fine on EU and US bands. The sniffer is working too on the Kinetis Protocol Analyzer Adapter.

Good luck with your development.

Luis

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

I believe you posted the internal case, I replied you there, but to share the information as well here, could you please check this post ? 

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-103631 

Best regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos