cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDD_SNVS_IN voltage range

jhones
Contributor I

Hi,

I have seen a contradiction in the i.MX 6DualPlus/6QuadPlus datasheet regarding VDD_SNVS_IN voltage range:

Table 6. Operating Ranges: 2.8V - 3.6V

Table 4. Absolute Maximum Ratings: -0.3V - 3.4V

Can you confirm that 3.6V is the absolute maximum of VDD_SNVS_IN for the i.MX 6DualPlus/6QuadPlus?

It this is correct, does this range (-0.3 - 3.6V) apply for all iMX6 family i.MX6Quad/Dual/DualLight/Solo?

I would like to short VDD_HIGH_IN VDD_SNVS_IN and connect both to a 3.3V supply.
Supply has a %5 tolerance which may end up at 3.465V. VDD_HIGH_IN can withstand this question is can VDD_SNVS_IN operate at 3.465V?
(Adding a schottky diode between VDD_HIGH_IN to VDD_SNVS_IN for lowering the voltage of VDD_SNVS_IN does not seem to be a solution since drop is negligible in the VSNVS max current of 275uA)

Thank you for your support

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Aviad,
The 3.6v is the maximum of VDD_SNVS_IN for the i.MX6DualPlus/6QuadPlus. But in generally use the VDD_SNVS_IN is given 3.0 V power. The i.MX6Quad/Dual/DualLight/Solo are different from i.MX6DualPlus/6QuadPlus, the voltage rangs you can see details in the datasheet.
You action is not right "I would like to short VDD_HIGH_IN VDD_SNVS_IN and connect both to a 3.3V supply"
For that you can not power up VDD_HIGH_IN and VDD_SNVS_IN. T at the same time. The VDD_SNVS_IN need firstly given 3.0v power. The VDD_HIGH_IN can be power up later but not too late.
And here the 3.465V is not allowed, you can try to adjust it under 3.3V.
Hope the above reply can do help for you.
Have a great day,
Rita

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jhones
Contributor I

Hi,

Your reply confirms iMX6DualPlus/6QuadPlus range for both VDD_SNVS_IN and VDD_HIGH_IN is:  2.8V - 3.6V

As listed in datasheet.

1. Can you therefore clarify why I cannot connect both to a 3.3V supply with tolerance of +5% (Maximum of 3.465V)

2. Your requirements of VDD_SNVS_IN being supplied prior to VDD_HIGH_IN contradicts datasheet recommendation below. Please clarify.

Capture.PNG

Thanks

0 Kudos