cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX 6DL cannot communicate with 4G module

hi_shawn
Contributor II

Hi FSL guys,

I got a 4G module communication issue. The OS is KK4.4.3 and Soc is automotive grade i.MX 6DL. The patches android_KK4.4.3_2.0.0-ga_core_source and android_KK4.4.3_2.0.1_core_source are ready applied. Our customer followed the instruction provided by the module vendor and modified the related the source code. But i.mx 6DL still cannot communicate with the module via ECM or GobiNet. The navigation unit with new S/W cannot ping the public website, such as www.baidu.com.

I'll repeat the phenomenon on SABRESD board. But the SDK is under compiling and it takes times. Could you advise me how to analyse it step by step? Thanks.

Here below is instruction to enable ECM based on X86 system provide by module vendor.

1,Change the eth0 to usb0

pastedImage_1.png

2, Eddit the file ./device/generic/x86/init.x86.rc and add service dhcpcd_usb0.

pastedImage_2.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

hi_shawn
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

The root cause was already found. thanks.

BTW, I see you many times on the cummunity. How do i call you?:smileywink:

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shawn

debugging hints and diagnostic tools may be provided vendor of 4G module.

May be useful to check lte module usage:

Cellular modems on i.MX6 boards under Ubuntu - Boundary Devices 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos