evkmimxrt1050_demo_apps_hello_world issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

evkmimxrt1050_demo_apps_hello_world issue

keesvanegmond
Contributor I

I've installed MCUXpresso and the SDK for the RT1050 eval board.

I've two issues with the setup:

1. TeraTerm is working when the RT1050 boots from flash (build in demo with accelerometer), but is NOT working when I run the evkmimxrt1050_demo_apps_hello_world example. No data is seen in TT, I see however 'hello world!'  in the console of MCUXpresso.

2. The getcher() function is not working, the debugger never returns from it.

So I think I'm not conneted with TT, and something is blocking it in eclipse (don't see a real terminal either as I'm used to have with other suppliers).

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
3 Replies

keesvanegmond
Contributor I

Hi All,

Thanks for your help here.

The real problem was the powering the board. I had used USB power only.

As soon as I connected a power supply (5V/3A) to the barrel jack all worked fine.

2winkle
Contributor III

Hi keesvanegmond‌,

When importing the project, there will be an option to called "SDK Debug Console". In there,select UART. And, select the library as "Redlib (nohost-nf)". This configuration should work should enable you to see outputs in Teraterm.

1.jpg

2.jpg

If it doesn't work, please do reply.

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Have You tried the recent SDK (for the EVKB ) ?

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos