cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no debug connection in mcuexpresso 10.1.1-606

hans-joachimzim
Contributor I

Hello

I run a QN9080DK-V1.2 with switched DFU modeconnected to a Windows host. All development work is done within an Ubuntu Virtual Machine (VMware) 16.04.1 with kernel 4.13.0-39

I got mcuexpresso installed, imported the right SDK and got an example compiled. Trying to start a debug session fails.

First after clicking "Debug 'qn908xcdk_wireless_example...'" results in a question dialog "Boot Redlink" for USB Device 0x1fc9:000c

pastedImage_10.png

Confirmed with yes, probe discovering is started but failing.

pastedImage_11.png

pastedImage_12.png

"sudo lsusb -v -s 0001:0006" confirms, that device has been loaded correctly, since the divece has changed:

idVendor 0x1fc9 NXP Semiconductors
 idProduct 0x0090 
 bcdDevice 1.00
 iManufacturer 1 NXP Semiconductors
 iProduct 2 LPC-LINK2 CMSIS-DAP V5.183
 iSerial 3 GSA1BQHQ

In MCUexpresso the console just tells, that RedlinkServer has started and immediatly closed again.

What has to be done to get the Probe Discovery passing and get a working debug connection to the DK board?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies

hans-joachimzim
Contributor I

I did as described above, no failures. I removed the DFU jumper JP5 afterwards and tried again with MCUexpresso within the virtual machine. The problem is the same. 

1. starting a debug session

2. probe discovering is running (no question for booting redlink anymore) ...

3. Redlinkserver get started and closed (see the console window)

4. Exception occurs.

pastedImage_1.png

I don't think it belongs to bounced USB port, because the port remains stable.

Any further hint?

Regards

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The way LPC-Link2 boots can sometimes cause issues with some Virtual Machine setups. As described in https://community.nxp.com/thread/473902 , try pre-programming the probe firmware using LPCScrypt.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos