How to redefine the internal SRAM regions in MCUXpresso IDE?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to redefine the internal SRAM regions in MCUXpresso IDE?

Jump to solution
vladimirilyenko
Contributor III

Hi, I’m building the project with LPC54608J512 on MCUXpresso IDE.

The internal RAM is divided into:

SRAM0, SRAM1, SRAM2 and SRAM3 : 160kB starting from 0x20000000

SRAMX (RAM2)  - 32kB starting from 0x04000000 and

USB_RAM (RAM3) - 8kB starting from 0x40100000

I want to use e.g. SRAMX (32kB) as the main RAM for data, stack and heap and SRAM_0_1_2_3 (160kb) only for frame buffer of GUI (130kB).

I can see in the Memory configuration editor of MCUXpresso IDE the possibility to add, split or delete RAM areas, but I cannot see how to redefine the regions for usage as a “main” RAM area - for SRAMX  or USB_RAM (if I do not want to use it for USB).

Is it possible in MCUXpresso IDE?

Regards,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The IDE uses the first RAM bank listed as the "main" one - where global data, heap and stack are placed by default.

There are then various ways to cause specific items to be placed into other banks of RAM. I suggest that you start off by reading the supplied MCUXpresso IDE v10.1 User Guide, chapter 14, "Memory Configuration and Linker Scripts"  for more information.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

View solution in original post

1 Reply
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The IDE uses the first RAM bank listed as the "main" one - where global data, heap and stack are placed by default.

There are then various ways to cause specific items to be placed into other banks of RAM. I suggest that you start off by reading the supplied MCUXpresso IDE v10.1 User Guide, chapter 14, "Memory Configuration and Linker Scripts"  for more information.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support