Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1043A QSPI Boot

Jump to solution
j_wallace
Contributor II

Hi Experts,

We are designing custom LS1043A based bord that will boot from QSPI NOR flash. When I build u-boot from DENX u-boot-fsl-qoriq for LS1043AQDS board it looks like there is no SPL build. So I would like to ask

1) How does the QSPI boot work? How code gets from QSPI NOR flash to SDRAM?

Furthermore, I saw that SPI MTD driver is also linked to u-boot when building for LS1043AQDS and this driver does not seem to support the QSPI flash of our custom board. So perhaps we will have to patch the driver to match our device.

2) Is MTD driver involved in the boot process for QSPI boot?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at the following document:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-102040

This document shows that QSPI NOR Flash is used as memory-mapped flash.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at the following document:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-102040

This document shows that QSPI NOR Flash is used as memory-mapped flash.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
j_wallace
Contributor II

Ok,

Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards.

0 Kudos