cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mounting issue on Windows

mathew_k_t
Contributor II

Hi,

I have created a new partition on eMMC of file system fat32 using mfgtool scripts, but  the created partition is not got properly mounted in windows. What's the issue in this? Could you help me in creating a partition that is compatible with different platforms.

Thanks and Regards

Mathew

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Did you created more than 1 partitions on the card?
It is known issue that Windows in unable to mount any partition of flash drive except first one.
You can create several partitions and make there the filesystems. They can be mounted from Linux:

root@tecno:~# mount | tail -2
/dev/sdc1 on /mnt/sdc1 type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=utf8,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/sdc2 on /mnt/sdc2 type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=utf8,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)
root@tecno:~#

But Windows can mount only first one.

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mathew_k_t
Contributor II

Hi Victor,

Thank you for your response. I have created three partitions include boot partition, rootfs and a data partition. I have made boot partition and data partition as fat32. But data partition is not getting mounted. Is there any solution??

But Windows detecting this partition as unknown file type.

Mathew

0 Kudos

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can mount these partitions on Linux PC.

Have a great day,
Victor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos