U-Boot-1.3.4 boot flash base problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U-Boot-1.3.4 boot flash base problem

musa
Contributor I
Hi, when I make bootloader  for my mcf5474 board using u-boot-1.3.4,I met a problem:

I just do not change anything and follow the instruction , I can compile u-boot.bin and I downlaod to the board flash(base address is 0xfe000000), and it can work,the serial console has output and can execute my command like "md","printenv".
But, as you know, in the config file(M5475EVB.h) the base address of the flash defalt is 0xff800000,why,the baseaddress is different and I down load to 0xfe000000 using CF-Flasher,and it works well.

now , I change the base address of the flash to 0xfe000000,and only change this, when I down to the board , however, it doesn't work, the console has no output!

what's the matter, Why this happened , Can anybody here give me some advise?
Thank you very much! 

Message Edited by musa on 2008-10-28 07:39 AM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

fsl_linux_spt
Contributor III
If you type "flinfo" at the uboot prompt you can see that uboot remaps the flash so the flash base is from ff800000.  While uboot is running the flash address of fe000000 is not valid.   Not sure why this is remapped, but this explains what you are seeing.

0 Kudos

musa
Contributor I
I know what happened!
The base addressed of flash u-boot set is different from the CF-Flasher set!!
Although the address seems different,however,I born the code correctly to the flash!
and the u-boot correctly execute the code!

address remap makes me puzzled!

0 Kudos