cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Max board LPC845' configuration tools & documentation

luis-martinez
Contributor III

Hi friends,

Note: Not sure if this question is well locate here it could be better in other place (configuring tools for instance), please feel free to relocate if better.

Easy questions for the engineers,...

- How you configure pinout & uses of LPC845 MCU ?,... I not seem any tool for it,... there are some document, manual, how-to, libraries to help on this ? (hard issue, very time consuming, for me).

- There are some manual or doc or 'app note' where is cited the C code especial 'sentences', 'funtions',.. to program LPC845? (hope it apply in general for near all NXP MCUs and others).

- Last (not least), there is some document or recommended book, 'well explained', where appear what is what in the MCUs' programming process (headers for instance,...), what can be configure, what not, what is automatic,... etc.

I know this MCUs has not all tool as its big brothers,... but this mean you need to do all manually by yourself?

I found these small MCUs very interesting for evaluation and small utilities but after Googling a lot I still as at the beginning.

Many thanks your focus, ideas, experiences,...

Best Regards

Luis

0 Kudos
10 Replies

brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Luis,

At the moment we have Code Bundles available for LPC84x devices. These provide simple examples for using the LPC84x, with register level accesses to the peripherals. To get started with these, I'd recommend you look at the Getting Started section of the development board page: https://www.nxp.com/demoboard/om13097 

In May we will release MCUXpresso SDK and config tool support for the LPC8xx family, so you will then have access to pin and clock configuration tools found with "big brother" parts in the NXP MCU range.

Best regards,

Brendon

luis-martinez
Contributor III

Hi Brendon,

The new IDE 10.2.0 + SDK is now fully operative for this MCU?.

I published in the group some difficulties with the pins & clock configuration tool for the LPC845 with messages of  "error, device not supported,..." ?.

Regards

0 Kudos

brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Luis,

SDK is now released for LPC8xx devices (note LPC8N04 will come in the Fall). To use the pin config and clock tools (and the SDK itself) you need to first download an SDK package for your board (or device) from mcuxpresso.nxp.com. Once you have that you just drag and drop it into the "Installed SDK" tab (bottom right window) of the IDE, and you should be off and running.

The IDE does have some built-in knowledge of LPC84x (because of its Code Bundle support), but the pin and clock config tools rely on information that is in the SDK package.

We will be rolling out more info on getting started with LPC8xx and SDK in the coming month or so, and I will be doing an intro to it via a webinar ... scroll down to the bottom of this page:

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/arm-based-processors-and-mcus/lpc-corte...

...to register.

Best regards

Brendon

luis-martinez
Contributor III

Hi Brendon,
Many thank for your comments , help and offer (see below in my answer to Libor, it's working now).

Not sure if I can attend the webinar unless it's a record to be seen offline,... (to see offline it's neccesary be suscribe?).

Best Regards

Luis

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

please note that Pins and Clocks does not support the LPC8xx yet, support will be released soon.

Regards,

Libor

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Luis,

support for LPC845 for Pins/Clocks has been added today.

Regards,

Libor

luis-martinez
Contributor III

Hi again Sirs,
Just to confirm it's working. Congratulations to the NXP' team. It looks incredible.

I'm very excited to test the new enviroment in a real (new) hw.

Best Regards

Luis

0 Kudos

luis-martinez
Contributor III

Hi Libor,

Very good news,...

Many thanks for the info

Regards

Luis

0 Kudos

stevemoon
Contributor I

Did the MCUXpresso SDK release happen?  

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Not yet, but still on target for release this month.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos