I'm using the latest MCUXpressio IDE and get an immediate "Internal Error" pertaining to running out of Java heap space within 5 seconds of starting the IDE.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm using the latest MCUXpressio IDE and get an immediate "Internal Error" pertaining to running out of Java heap space within 5 seconds of starting the IDE.

gpalmer
Contributor I

It used to be that I only got this when I left the IDE open on my system all night and came in the next morning to find the same error on the screen.

This occurs in the same fashion even after a fresh reboot (and my system has 32GB of RAM, 90% of which is free.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

So just to confirm, you are using MCUXpresso IDE v10.1.1? But what exact host OS are you using?

What is the exact error message that you see? And can you zip up and post the .log file from the .metadata folder within your workspace?

Also how many projects do you actually have in your workspace? It would be interesting to hear if you see the same problem if you open the IDE with a completely fresh workspace?

Finally, given the memory you have available, you could also try tweaking the heap allocation in the mcuxpressoide.ini file:

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos