Can I load the fsl-image-full in T2080RDB-PC from RAMDisk with TFTP server?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I load the fsl-image-full in T2080RDB-PC from RAMDisk with TFTP server?

sandratrujillog
Contributor III

Hi,

I want to know if I can load the image full in  T2080RDB-PC from RAMDisk with TFTP server. When I build the image I did not get the extension file fsl-image-full.ext2.gz.u-boot that I think I need for load the image.

In the SDK manual:

1. Execute the following commands to TFTP the images to the board, then boot into Linux.

=>tftp 1000000 <uImage_name> =>tftp 5000000 fsl-image-core-<platform>.ext2.gz.u-boot =>tftp 2000000 <platform_dtb_name> =>bootm 1000000 5000000 2000000
  2. Now the board will boot into Linux using the images generated by Yocto Project.

Here it is my problem, I don't have the  fsl-image-full-<platform>.ext2.gz.u-boot. Is there any way to do it with the files of the full version that are generated? Another question, What is the difference between the file fsl-image-core <machine> ext2.gz.u-boot and the file fsl-image-core <machine> .ext2.gz? What changes suppose this .u-boot?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The following command can be used for generation fsl-image-full.ext2.gz.u-boot file:

mkimage -A ppc -O linux -T ramdisk -C gzip -n ' fsl-image-full.ext2.gz.uboot' -d fsl-image-full.ext2.gz fsl-image-full.ext2.gz

See documentation for mkimage ustility.

Check please size of memory on your board for using this file as RAM file system.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos