cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8qm mek, using hdmi

angelo_d
Senior Contributor I

Dear all,

trying to understand if the real HDMI (HDMI-TX plug, so not LVDS->HDMI converted) can be used to display some image.

I am not finding any devicetree example into imx_4.9.51_imx8_beta2.

Every help is appreciated.

Thanks

Angelo

0 Kudos
7 Replies

angelo_d
Senior Contributor I

Hi Igor,

thanks,

i had the hdmitxfw.bin loaded but no signal is available out of hdmitx connector.

On bootargs i have video=HDMI-A-1:1024x768-32@60 and monitor connected to the hdmitx port of the evaluation board.

I understand this is not the proper channel for imx8qm support, so in case please let me know where to ask such information, if there is any support submission form.

Right now, the only important information would be to be sure there is no hardware bug in the imx8qm. I ask because the evaluation board i have here (lppdr4) is sold with LVDS->HDMI adapter.

Regards,

Angelo

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Angelo

please contact your local NXP® Sales Office for support options for preproduction parts.

Support|NXP 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Angelo

one can try linux/arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/fsl-imx8qm-mek-hdmi.dts

fsl-imx8qm-mek-hdmi.dts\freescale\dts\boot\arm64\arch - linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

also may be useful

How to switch the mode of HDMI TX in i.MX8M 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

angelo_d
Senior Contributor I

Hi Igor,

many thanks, actually the boot msg complain about missing firmware. I found the "hdmitxfw.bin", but could you maybe point me to some docs on how to load it ?

Regards

Angelo

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Angelo

one can look on i.MX8M documentation

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.9.51_8MQ_GA_LINUX_DOCS&Parent_nodeId=1337699481071706... 

sect.4.5.13 How to build imx-boot image by using imx-mkimage i.MX_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf.

For other i.MX8 families documentation is not available, as they are not publicly released.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

angelo_d
Senior Contributor I

Hi Igor,

thanks,

tried to add the hdmitxfw.bin by imx_mkimage, still getting in any case 

[    1.218019] i.mx8-hdp 56268000.hdmi: No plug_out irq number
[    1.224405] CDN_API_SetClock completed
[    1.228160] Started firmware!
[    2.730248] CDN_API_CheckAlive failed - check firmware!
[    2.735472] Failed to initialise HDP firmware
[    2.739834] [drm:imx_hdp_imx_bind] *ERROR* Failed to initialise HDP firmware
[    2.746896] imx-drm display-subsystem: failed to bind 56268000.hdmi (ops 0xffff0000086e6a10): -6
[    2.755800] imx-drm display-subsystem: master bind failed: -6

btw, i am not working on imx8mx but imx8qm. From documentations, HDMI firmware loading seems needed only for "imx8m" family while the driver asks for it.

In any case, when i do "make SOC=iMX8QM flash" i see that hdmitxfw.bin is added to the final blob (it is visible into nano iMX8QM/soc.mak) but still no progresses. 

Every help appreciated.

Angelo

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Angelo

imx8qm is not supported yet as not publicly released.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos