cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI Issue

gaborkurucz
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm trying to bring up a custom designed board based on the Solid-Run Hummingbird Edge. Unfortunately I have encountered some issues with HDMI. 
With the original HB EDGE I can see everything on the screen after powering on the board. With my board the display is blank until linux boots up, then all is fine. However if I unplug the HDMI conenctor, after plugging back the display remains blank. I have to restart the board to have anything on the screen again. 

dmesg shows the followings (when replugging)
"
56.840202] mxc_hdmi 20e0000.hdmi_video: same edid
[ 56.840300] mxc_hdmi 20e0000.hdmi_video: mxc_hdmi_cable_connected reports HDMI mode 
"
Is there any idea what could be the problem ? 

When designing the board I've tried to calculate impedances / route the traces according to the HDMI standards. The length of the traces are around 22mm, +/- 0.2mm each. 

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gabor

one can test it with i.mx6q nxp sabre sd reference board to check if this depends

on hardware with nxp official bsps described on

i.MX Software|NXP 

HPD issue was described on some third party boards:

DVI Support on i.MX6 boards - Boundary Devices 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos