FAN control support on i.MX8M

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAN control support on i.MX8M

ansonlin
Contributor II

Can i.MX8M support fan control that has PWM output and tachometer input?

I want to know how to  connect these two pin to i.MX8M

0 Kudos
7 Replies

vinoth_ta
Contributor I

Hi Anson Lin,

Did you get the response? I am having same query.

Regards,

Vinoth TA

0 Kudos

ansonlin
Contributor II

Hi Rita,

Please find below link and description. 

The tachometer signal, also known as "tach signal", and "FG signal", conveys rpm information in the form of square waves. The frequency of this square wave output is proportional to the rotation of the shaft.

CPU Cooling Fan Tachometer Standard 

0 Kudos

ansonlin
Contributor II

Hi Rita,

The FAN control that I need is " PWM output and tachometer input". Please help to check if i.MX8M can support " PWM output and tachometer input"

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Anson,

About the "PWM output" is supported by the i.MX8M, and the tachometer could you tell us what is the interface of the  "tachometer". If the interface is I2C or SPI, the i.M8M is supported the tachometer input.

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Anson,

You can refer to the i.MX8M-EVK board hardware design https://www.nxp.com/webapp/sps/download/preDownload.jsp .

Hope this can do help for you.

Have a nice day

Rita

ansonlin
Contributor II

Hi Rita,

I didn't find the useful FAN control circuit on i.MX8M EVK schematic(SPF-29615_B3). I just find a J802 for FAN PWR. Please kindly check it

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In our hardware design there is no control for the DCDC_5V, we only supply the 5V power. So if you need to control it, yo can drive the power by the turn-on and turn-off via the temperature control.

0 Kudos