Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NT3H2111 Low Power

Jump to solution
ivaylomanushev
Contributor II

Hello Everyone,

We are planning on using the NT3H2111 for a product and we need extremely low power consumption during sleep. From what I have read about this chip, there is no low power (please correct me if I am wrong). In this case, how can we use this chip and keep everything in low power. I know there is energy harvesting from the NFC field, but how would that affect the FD line? We would need to be able to access the NFC chip from the micro, once the micro is awake and read from it, but we also need the FD line to wake the processor if it is asleep. 

Thanks,

Ivaylo

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ivaylo,

If that is the case, you may connect one GPIO from the micro to the VCC pin of NTAG I2C, and GPIO set as output to power the tag, please check if one GPIO is enough for the current consumption. You may refer to the following for more details.

pastedImage_2.png

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ivaylo,

Actually NT3H2111 is a passive tag, so you needn't worry about the power consumption, and if the micro just works when there is RF filed close, there would be no external power needed for the system, as the energy harvesting from the NFC field will power the whole system. Please kindly let me know if that is your case. Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ivaylomanushev
Contributor II

Hello Kan,

Thank you for the reply. My case is a little different from what you explained, the micro will be working in cases where there is no RF field and it would need to access the NFC chip for info stored into the NFC flash. How would you suggest we tackle this problem?

Best,

Ivaylo

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ivaylo,

If that is the case, you may connect one GPIO from the micro to the VCC pin of NTAG I2C, and GPIO set as output to power the tag, please check if one GPIO is enough for the current consumption. You may refer to the following for more details.

pastedImage_2.png

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

0 Kudos