cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6Quad imx-viv-gpu 6.2.3

simobrazz
Contributor II

Hello,

I have some problems with the driver imx-viv-gpu 6.2.2p0 and GPU Vivante GC2000. In particular, the driver does not supports large OpenCL kernels (it always gave me out-of-resources error -5 and I'm using Debian OS).

The problem seems related to the actual driver version (as stated in this link), and could be solved with the 6.2.3 update.

Any update on the new version?

Best regards

Tags (3)
7 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

try to use the newer yocto version, like 4.9.11, which includes the new driver version, pls try to use it

0 Kudos

simobrazz
Contributor II

Where I can find it?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

try to download it from the link as below:

i.MX 6Quad SABRE Development Board|NXP 

0 Kudos

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I don't have the full view on this topic at the moment, but I think that there is no 6.2.3 release for the i.MX6. In the 4.9.11 BSB release I can see the 6.2.2.

For the 4.9.51 based BSP platform releases for i.MX8 we have included version 6.2.4, but as this is a different GPU I'm not perfectly sure if it can be applied. I will check for the update plan for the i.MX6 platforms.

0 Kudos

simobrazz
Contributor II

Any update on the 6.2.3 release?

0 Kudos

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, I sorted it out.

• 4.9.11ga release for the i.MX6 and i.MX7 devices includes 6.2.2, no gpu update one this
  • 4.9.51alpha for the i.MX8 devices included 6.2.3
  • 4.9.51ga for the i.MX8 devices includes 6.2.4

For a Vivante update on the i.MX6/7 devices on 6.2.4 (or later) we need to wait for a new BSP release.

You could use the latest driver 6.2.4 from an i.MX8M build on your own risk, the Vivante drivers are backwards compatible.

Regards,

Bernhard.

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos