cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAB and other security components on iMX6

julienpanis
Contributor I

Hi,

I have a few questions about HAB, assuming that we will generate an encrypted image for our iMX6UL board. I have the feeling that I do not clearly identify the limits of this security functionnality.

1) Our application needs PIN code implementation, so we will need to store these codes and keep them secret. I guess that HAB is not a solution for that, do you confirm it ?
2) For a given SOM, does HAB protect against module replacement ?
3) Does HAB protect our SW (the "useful" ELF application that should run on the board) against :
- reverse engineering ?
- modification ?
- replacement ?
4) Does HAB protect against a spy SW installation ? (we must avoid audio signal acquisition by a spy SW)

For the 4 needs listed above, if HAB is not relevant, what security components would be ? (SNVS ? Any other component of TrustZone architecture ?)

Thank you for your help... :smileyhappy:

Julien

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I think it would be better to discuss such topics in non-public request / ticket.

Support|NXP  

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

julienpanis
Contributor I

At this point, I'm not looking for confidential information. I have read "HAB Code Signing Tool User's Guide", which is a public NXP document. :smileyhappy: But I'm not sure that it will be a relevant solution for the 4 needs listed above. That's what I would like to understand.

Anyway, I initiate a non-public request as suggested...

0 Kudos