Freescale 56F805FV80E failed to download program

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freescale 56F805FV80E failed to download program

summervibe
Contributor II

Hello, I have a circuit board with two pieces of DSP (Freescale 56F805FV80E), which we call them DSP-A and DSP-B. These two pieces of DSP have the same model number (56F805FV80E) and same serial number (XAC0808). The circuit board worked well all the time until 3 months ago, the DSP-B could not be downloaded into the program(the program was not changed), but the DSP-A still work well .We check the circuit of the board and find no problem, then we replace the original DSP-B with a new one. The new DSP has the same model number (56F805FV80E) with the former one, but the serial numbers between the original one (XAC0808) and the new one (XAA1107) is different. However, the new DSP-B still can’t be downloaded into the unchanged program now. So my question is: does the difference of the serial numbers of DSP (with the same model number) influence the program downloading? If so, how to revise the program to satisfy the program downloading request? Besides, my CodeWorrior version is 5.9.0(build 5294), dose the CodeWorrior version have the problem of compatibility with the new DSP? Will the updating of the CodeWorrior be helpful for program downloading? Or, is there some new setting up needed for the new DSP program downloading process in the CodeWorrior? 

Thank you so much for your reading and solving my question!

Bo Liu

大家好,我有一块控制电路板,采用两块DSP (Freescale 56F805FV80E) 作为控制核心,分别是DSP-A和DSP-B。两块DSP的型号(56F805FV80E)和生产序列号(XAC0808)都一样,之前电路板一直正常工作,三个月前,DSP-B的出现了程序无法拷入的问题,而DSP-A工作正常。出现问题后我们检查了电路板的电路,并未发现问题,于是就将DSP-B进行更换。更换后的DSP与之前的DSP-B型号相同(56F805FV80E),但序列号不同(新的序列号:XAA1107),更换后,新的DSP还是无法拷入程序。程序还是原来的程序,并未改动。所以我想求助一下,同一型号的DSP,不同的序列号是否会对程序的下载拷入有影响,如果有影响那么应该怎样修改程序来实现程序的下载?另外,我使用的CodeWorrior版本是5.9.0(build 5294), 是不是存在这一版本的CodeWorrior与新的DSP存在兼容性的问题,或者是说在对新的DSP进行程序拷入时,需要在CodeWorrior 进行一些必要的设置更改?

非常感谢您了解并解答我的问题!

刘博

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

dynapb
Contributor IV

Hi Bo

Are you using the JTAG port or the Serial Bootloader to download code?

I can't imagine the JTAG port changing with lot codes.  We have been using the 56F807 chip for 15 years with no problems there.

We use the Bootloader unless debugging and have not had any problems there either.

On you PCB that strange dark area at DSP-B, did a chip burn up?

Also check some basic signals.

- Is RSTO high?

- Do you get the proper frequency out CLKO?

Pete

0 Kudos