cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN Communication Between MK10DN512xxx10 and i.MX6

sarathpkumar
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm working on CAN communication between freescale MCU (MK10DN512xxx10) and i.MX6 board.

I successfully Send a message from i,mx6 board to MCU by the example driver code (SDK2.2) FlexCAN.But when i tried to send the data from MCU to i.mx6 with the SDK2.2 driver code for CAN data sending code, there is no data receiving at i.mx6 board. I am using candump in imx6 to receive the data.

I kept all the configuration as such  used for the i.mx6 to MCU data sending via CAN for the reverse data sharing.

Data is continuously coming on the CAN_RX pin and there is no ACK signal on CAN_TX pin.

I couldn't find the what is the issue.

regards,

Sarath.P

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The MCUXpresso SDK software provided FlexCAN demo is loop back enabled.

Please check below FlexCAN config setting:

flexcanConfig.enableLoopBack = true;

Please change this setting to false.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sarathpkumar
Contributor I

Hi Hui_Ma,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually i'm using the interrupt transfer example code for the flexcan. In that flexcanConfig.enableLoopBack = false; as already set like this.

I have communicated 2 MCUs (MK10DN512xxx10) via CAN and transmitted data in both direction.

The problem is in Data sending to I.MX6 board from (MK10DN512xxx10).

Can you share any code example for i.mx6 flexcan code in linux for sending and receiving data.

help is needed much more.

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please download the i.MX6 Linux reference manual document from here.

pastedImage_1.png

The chapter 37 shows how to use the FlexCAN driver.

For details, see kernel doc: Documentation/networking/can.txt

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Mike

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

sarathpkumar
Contributor I

Hi Mike,

I have tested this but no result at all.

Stuck!!!!!

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Sorry for the later reply.

To be honest, I don't know how to enable i.MX product FlexCAN module with Linux LTIB.

My colleague suggested to following below document to enable FlexCAN:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

Wish it helps.

best regards,

Mike

0 Kudos