cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5777M-512DS external flash Pinout & EBI configuration

christopheple
Contributor II

Dear All,

I would like to use the external flash-prom of the NXP MPC5777M-512DS daughter board.

I look for an example of initialization code of register of the Pinout and the EBI which allows access to this external flash.

The intialization example in source format will be great but also in binary format, I will be able to get register value with JTAG probe.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Tags (2)
2 Replies

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

there are two ways how external flash is being used

1) either you want to execute compiled code (possibly boot from the external flash)

2) or you want to read and program the data during runtime by user application

Case 1)

Usually you would use standalone programmer like PeMicro Cyclone MAX, or other that is capable to program specified .elf file directly to external memory device connected to MCU with using specific programming algorithm delivered by programmer manufacturer. For instance, following one

http://www.pemicro.com/cyclone/index.cfm

Of course, other third-party programmer’s providers exist.

Case 2)

User can write his own flash programming driver according to sequence of commands over EBI address and data lines according to sequence described if specific memory’s datasheet.

christopheple
Contributor II

Hi,

I am in case 2), I have no problem to write the flash driver for spansion NOR chip.

But, I would like to find the easiest solution to get the correct SIUL2 register values to configure PIN connected to the NOR flash.

Then get the correct EBI register value to perform read and write access to the NOR flash.

An source example may exist or a binary firmware may use external flash and i will be able to flash this firmware in internal flash, run it with JTAG probe and then dump SIUL2 and EBI registrer to watch the correct register setting.

It will be faster than read MPC5777M documentation.

Have you this kind of source or binary software ?

Regards

0 Kudos