cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKV58F1 bootloader

Jump to solution
eddwhite1
Contributor I

I'm looking at implementing firmware updates over an ethernet connection on a MKV58F1M. I can get my application to receive and store an update file into the internal flash. Is there a way to launch the bootloader such that it performs an update from a known location in the internal flash?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

In general, the bootloader routine located from internal Flash boot up address (0x0).

If there with suitable application code, after the chip boot up, the bootloader will jump to application code.

Customer could check here about Kinetis Ethernet bootloader demo for reference.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

In general, the bootloader routine located from internal Flash boot up address (0x0).

If there with suitable application code, after the chip boot up, the bootloader will jump to application code.

Customer could check here about Kinetis Ethernet bootloader demo for reference.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Mike

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos