Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File I/O Warning

jessewilcox
Contributor I

I am getting the following error:

File I/O Warning

Unable to activate File I/O support.  What is the cause of this error?  This error just began popping up for me yesterday when I attempt to start a debug session.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jesse:

Could you please describe your issue in more details?  software and hardware, how can I reproduce your issue on my side?

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

jessewilcox
Contributor I

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your response. I was able to overcome this issue by erasing the flash memory and restoring the board from scratch.

However, I do have a much more in-depth question for you:

I’d like to initialize/boot the CPU without using any flash memory. AKA, I’d like to boot either completely through a host PC over JTAG or have a host PC initialize RAM and store into that (also over JTAG). The reason is that my company recently ordered some boards and the flash memory does not work. We are trying to get as much development done while the boards are re-spun to bring the Flash back online.

Can you point me in the right direction? I believe I’ve looked through all of your NXP forums and pdf’s, and I’ve seen some vague references to similar issues. For example AN3366 refers to this exact scenario as a reason why someone would need to use an initialization file. But I do not see any procedural advice on how to actually go about doing this.

Many thanks,

Jesse Wilcox

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jesse Wilcox:

My understanding is you need to download your application and operate it in SRAM. You need to modify your linker file, place CODE and DATA in RAM.

Please refer to below link for more details

IAR Download and run whole application in RAM (Cortex-M3) 

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos