cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6q unable to debug linux install

jacobpolloreno
Contributor I

Hello,

I've been trying to get a imx6quad/6dual to boot linux on a pico pi board. I read the linux user guide and flashed the .sdcard image. I've also used mfgtools to flash a u-boot image with no response. One of the issues is that I can't get the serial console to output any information. I've used minicom and picocom but neither output any information whatsoever. I've also messed around with the jumper pins and switches on the back of the board however the documentation isn't clear to the correct setting. I'm a newbie to this space and I've tried to use the mfgtool builds but they always output errors.

Overall, I want to flash the yocto sdcard so I can have linux(preferably ubuntu) running on the board. I don't have access to a display for the board. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

nxp_1.jpgnxp_2.jpg

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jacob,

the most common issues are next:

- SDcard is not inserted correctly or in the correct slot

- SDcard is corrupted/damaged. Please double check that sdcard has been flashed correctly (content is present) and you can try also a different SDcard

- Missing driver, you may install CP210x driver

- Minicom config, please check following document All Boards Serial Console 

- Terminal is closed without closing connection and it gets stuck. In this case you need to close the terminal, unplug the board, plug again and restart terminal. This will make sure that the resource is free to start a new connection.

Regards,
Carlos
NXP Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jacobpolloreno
Contributor I

Hello Carlos,

Thanks for the help.

- There's only one slot on the board and it's seated properly.

- I'm looking for another sdcard to try...Otherwise, I've used dd and etcher to flash the image. I've verified the partition structure with gparted and also opened the files on my machine to make sure something was copied.

- I added the cp210x to the kernel and made sure it was loaded with lsmod

- minicom config is exactly the same except serial port is /dev/ttyUSB0...still says offline

- I've tried starting the board then running minicom and vice versa...neither show anything

I can't find the correct documentation for the jumper settings and switches on the back of the board. Could that be the problem? Where would I look?

pixels@pixelstation:~$ lsmod | grep cp210x
cp210x                 28672  0
usbserial              49152  2 cp210x,ftdi_sio

Output of Etcher flash:

gparted.png

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jacob,

Have you tried in a different PC?

Please note that this board is not developed by NXP. Fr documentation and resources you must check with Manufacturer TechNexion

https://www.technexion.com/solutions/iot-development-platform/android-things/ 

Regards,
Carlos
NXP Technical Support
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos