AnsweredAssumed Answered

QEMU KVM Setup for LS1043aRDB on Debian VM

Question asked by sarayu k sivanandam on Apr 3, 2018
Latest reply on May 15, 2018 by Yiping Wang

Hi ,

I am currently trying to setup QEMU with KVM for LS1043ardb on a debian VM running on my windows machine . I am using the SDK 2.0 and i have followed the steps in the document (https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/QORIQ-SDK-2.0-IC-REV0.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=3&pageNum=1 ) and have been able to complete the fsl-image-virt and have verified that the linux kernel has all the required features enabled.

I also followed the instructions in section 11.2.2.6 and was able to generate the qemu-system-aarch64 emulator image and when i try to run the same on my debian VM i get the below error.

--------------------------

"kvm" accelerator not found.

No accelerator found!

----------------------------------

How ever i was able to verify that vmx was enable in my system and also i was able to load the kvm.ko an kvm-intel.ko modules successfully.

Also i found that if i instead run the qemu-system-x86_64 , i do not see the above error.

Can you please let me know if my setup has any issues because of which i am seeing this error ?

How can i resolve this error ?

Can you please suggest in what setup the QEMU KVM for ls1043ardb will function as expected.

Thanks and Regards

Sarayu

Outcomes