Problem with S9KEA8P running

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with S9KEA8P running

cleidir
Contributor II

Hello team, I'm having a problem, I made a custom board for the S9KEA8P microcontroller of the KEA8 family. After programming with the J-Link EDU (SWD), the microcontroller does not boot, I need to start it by the keil software for it to run. I already put a pull-down resistor and it still did not work. In the TRK-KEA8 development board the same software its works perfect, without the need for a debug reset..

My question is I need to enable some configuration bit?

Labels (1)
7 Replies

cleidir
Contributor II
Attached the project using software keil the microcontroller S9KEAZN8AMTGR
0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There is not FTM2_CH3 pins on S9KEAZN8AMTGR.

Have you try to use other pins?

FTM2_CH3.PNG

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cleidir
Contributor II

Thank you Ruben, It has been observed and modified see line 72.

FTM2-> CONTROLS [4] .CnV = FTM_CnV_VAL (period [3]);

Where I get the value that would go to channel 3 and send to channel 4 that is associated with pin 8 of tssop. This code works, debug and enable the reset and run option after programming the microcontroller.

However it does not execute without giving the reset and run by command of the debug. The problem must be in the way I'm handling the timer and pwm. I'll be making changes in this deal.

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Oh Sorry for my last reply, I didn't check the detail code modified at line 72.

The Pin 8 of S9KEAZN8AMTGR is default as NMI_b function.

Please try to use other pin or disable NMI function.

NMI_b Pin8.PNG

SIM_SOPT[NMIE].PNG

Best Regards,

Robin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

cleidir
Contributor II
Good morning, 
after I run the command:
SIM-> SOPT = 0 << SIM_SOPT_NMIE_SHIFT; I can no longer communicate via SWD.
0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please do not clear other bit(such as: SWDE\RSTPE), it will cause this phenomenon.

Now you may have to use the Kinetis_Recovery_Utility halt MCU. For more detail, please refer: Bricking and Recovering FRDM-KL25Z Boards: Reset, SWD Clock and Low Power.

If you don't have any external PEmicro debugger, please use the onboard OpenSDA interface of TRK-KEA8.

pe-recovery-utility.png

Best Regards,

Robin

cleidir
Contributor II

Isolating the problem using a "debug" with the on and off led, I checked that the microcontroller is working yes, but the problem is in the output FTM (PWM) that is not creating the waveform.

0 Kudos