cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

faulty LPuart example

nishantsood
Contributor III

hey guys,

I have been using this lpuart_demo app from the example domain of the S32K SDK and have been unable to get an echo of what I type.

I have tried sending 'Hello Board' with:

1) Newline ending

2) No line ending

3) Carriage return

4) Carriage & Newline both

but there's no reply! from the EVB.

Kindly, suggest what might be the problem!? 

Labels (1)
6 Replies

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

as Rares wrote, please specify the MCU and SDK version.

I have tested the "lpuart_ech0_s32K144" example (SDK 0.8.6) on the S32K144EVB-Q100 and it is working well. Only you need to properly setup the PC terminal. Besides of 115200 8N1 setting, It must add the \r\n once you press ENTER. After that the sent data is echoed back.

pastedImage_1.png

BR, Petr

chicheportichen
Contributor II

Hello

I'm also currently trying to make the 'lpuart_echo_S32K144'  example work.

I've got the welcome message displayed, but I'm unfortunately not able to type anything on the putty terminal window.

Like you've mentioned, I tried to type '\r\n' after each word I type, either before or after typing on the 'enter' touch.

I'm using Design Studio for ARM2018R1, the sdk is V0.8.6, and evboard is the S32K144EVB.

I haven't so far changed a thing in the configuration. And use an  USB cable to my laptop.

Thanks if you have tip.

Is-it not possible to make it work on the evboard, like Freddy has stated ?

nicolas

0 Kudos

nishantsood
Contributor III

It is SDK 0.8.6 only ,What Happened is that I think the PTC port is what is used for this example and RX is not working on it, maybe my particular hardware fault but I did implement this on another port and it started working!

freddy_ben-zeev
Contributor IV

I've found out from NXP that this happens only on the EVB board because LPUART1 connects through PTC6 and PTC7 to a debugger chip which allows a console in the debugger. When I've connected PTC6 and PTC7 to my FTDI-to-USB adapter PTC6 is driven from two places. If you want to still use these pins to interface with external console you would need to remove an resistor to disconnect it from the debugger chip.

0 Kudos

freddy_ben-zeev
Contributor IV

This problem is still there. I'm using SDK 2.9.2 (though I think the problem is in the hardware).

0 Kudos

raresvasile
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Can you specify the SDK version?

Thank you,

Rares

0 Kudos