Can not get IoT Control Bridge to work with JN5169 USB dongle

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not get IoT Control Bridge to work with JN5169 USB dongle

yannickweiss
Contributor I

I have a OM15020: JN5169 USB dongle (JN5169-001-U00-2) and I am trying to get JN-AN-1216 ZigBee 3.0 IoT Control Bridge (v1010) to work with it. But he does not respond to the ZGWUI app.

Other Zigbee 3.0 examples like the Light Bulb work.

IoT Control Bridge build does run on the Extension Kit.

Can the USB dongle not be used as IoT Control Bridge or did I miss a configuration?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

patrick_pan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Yannick

JN5169 USB Dongle can be used as control bridge with AN1216 .

if you can't see information in ZGWUI->Management->Received Message View after cmd send in Raw data ,

one possible reason might be that  the USB Dongle is core dump(crash) .

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Could you please make sure you followed all the steps in Chapter 4:  Running the Demonstration of the JN-AN-1216? 

Best Regards, 

Estephania

0 Kudos

layengchan
Contributor I

Dear Estephania

I am just starting to use ZGWUI . I am using JN5168. I flash ZigbeeNodeControlBridge_JN5168_GP_Proxy_COORDINATOR_1000000.bin to the usb dongle, with the PDM erased. Then I flash the dimmable light from JN-AN-1218 to a device DR1175. I enter ZGWUI,  set EPID=0 , CMSK =7FFF800, click start Nwk, click PERMIT JOIN FFFC FE . Then I reset the dimmable light. It joins to the network and there are messages in the Message View pane. Then I exit ZGWUI, disconnect and connect the devices  to the usb of my PC and then reenter ZGWUI.  I repeat all the steps above but this time there is no message in the Message View pane. There are commands in raw data. Can you explain why? I also try to do binding of the dimmable light to the coordinator. This is not explained in the user guide of control bridge. I am not successful. Looking forward to your help and thank you in advance.

0 Kudos

yannickweiss
Contributor I

Thank you for your time.

I did the steps on a new PC but without success, after flashing the stick does not respond to serial commands.

1 file.PNG

4 no response.PNG

0 Kudos