cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexCAN module with FIFO in MK60F12

tiborsomogyi
Contributor III

Hello,

I try to use the the CAN module of the MK60FN1M0VLQ12 ( on the TWR-K60F120M board ). The manual - K60F_K60P144M150SF3RM.pdf - says that FlexCAN supports the reception via FIFO, but when I select the FIFO option with Processor Expert, it displays an error saying "the component does not support this setting".

So, to be or not to be... :-) ... Could someone clarify this issue, please ?

Thanks and regards

Tibor

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Yes, the Processor Expert IDE or the Processor Expert on CW IDE only support the feature for MSCAN device.

As workaround you could use "Message buffers" or freeze the code of this component and implement it manually. Please make this post as a reference: https://community.nxp.com/message/351971

0 Kudos

tiborsomogyi
Contributor III

Hi,

Thank you for your response and for the reference - and really sorry, but the issue is still not clear for me. I understand now that the Processor Expert CAN component does not support the FIFO operation, however I still uncertain about whether the FlexCAN module of the MK60FN1M0VLQ12 MCU itself can work in FIFO configuration or not. Could you clarify this, please ?

Thanks and regards

Tibor

0 Kudos

miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, Tibor

Yes, the K61 FLEXCAN support FIFO from hardware itself.

0 Kudos

tiborsomogyi
Contributor III

Hello,

Thanks for your post… and sorry, but still not completely clear about the issue: you wrote that the K61 FLEXCAN supports the FIFO from hardware… but I am using the K60 MCU… does the K60 FLEXCAN support the FIFO, as well ?

Thanks and regards

Tibor

0 Kudos

miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Tibor

Sorry, my fault. Same case for K60.

0 Kudos

tiborsomogyi
Contributor III

Hi Fang,

Thanks for the clarification… now it is crystal clear … and so I start to implement the CAN reception via the FIFO….

Cheers

Tibor

0 Kudos