Dear I.Mx Community,
Can I boot from NAND and SD card from anyone at a time?, after having NAND mounted onto EVK replacing NOR flash by changing the boot switches
Kindly do the needful as early as possible
Many Thanks in advance
do you want to boot from NAND and SD in the same time? could you tell me more detailed demands?
I would like to boot from NAND and SD card but not at the same time, boot once with the SD card, and then change the boot switches and again boot from NAND, after having the NAND populated in i.mx6ull evk is that possible??
Am asking you this question because the NAND data lines seems to be multiplexed with SD card in i.mx6ULL evk HW user guide
yes, NAND device boot mode is conflict with micro-SD card and QSPI-FLASH device boot modes.
if you want to boot from NAND, you need to change in hardware as below
1. Remove U303 in CPU board and DO NOT insert micro-SD card into J301
2. Solder U302 NAND FLASH on EVK board
Thanks a lot for your prompt replies,
Also could you please let me know any other hardware changes ie., what are the BOOT_CFG settings ie., what is the pull up/pull down resistors that needs to be exchanged in hardware as mentioned in (I.MX6ULL EVK BOARD SCHEMATICS) as per I.MX6ULL EVK Hardware User's guide for MT29F32G08CBACAWP-Z:C??
And could you please let me know any other hardware changes that needs to be done in i.mx6ull evk??
Dear Joan Xie,
Could you please reply to the above queries and in addition to the below
After replacing the NOR with NAND flash onto I.mx6ull evk, could you please clarify me the following
1. Also could you please let me know what are the BOOT_CFG settings ie., what is the pull up/pull down resistors that needs to be exchanged in hardware as mentioned in (I.MX6ULL EVK BOARD SCHEMATICS) as per (https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/IMX6ULLEVKHUG.pdf page number 11) I.MX6ULL EVK Hardware User's guide for mounting MT29F32G08CBACAWP-Z:C NAND chip onto i.mx6ull evk?? And could you please let me know any other hardware changes that needs to be done in i.mx6ull evk??
2. what should be the SW602 boot mode pin settings while flashing the images onto NAND flash and after flashing images onto NAND??
3. what should the SW601 boot device settings while flashing images onto NAND and after flashing images onto NAND?
4. Does (https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.9.11_1.0.0_iMX6UL7D&appType=license) prebuilt images have support for the NAND part number MT29F32G08CBACAWP-Z:C as mentioned in the i.mx6ULL Evk CPU board schematics??
5. Does the L4.9.11_1.0.0 Yocto BSPs for i.mx6ull already have the driver support in U-boot and Linux kernel for both bootstrap and updater image (MFG tool images) for NAND part number MT29F32G08CBACAWP-Z:C ?? if not could you please let me know what are all the changes that needs to be done for NAND part number MT29F32G08CBACAWP-Z:C in uboot and linux kernel for MFG tool images and final images that is going to be flashed onto EVK??
Kindly do the needful as early as possible, as am stuck with this unknowns from past 3 daysMany thanks in advanceEagerly awaiting for your replies
Could you please provide me your inputs, as I am stuck here, as am using MT29F32G08CBACAWP-Z:C same part number as mentioned in i.mx6ull EVk schematics
pls refer to the document as below
How-To use NAND boot on i.MX6UL EVK board
Dear Joan Xie,
Is that the procedure mentioned in the document, works for i.mx6ULL EVK hardware as well, with same hardware and software modifications in L4.9.11_1.0.0-ga Yocto version BSP's and L4.9.11_1.0.0-ga_mfg-tools??
And may I know the above document was created and tested for which version of Yocto BSP's and mfg-tools?
Currently am facing some issues with one my thread posted below?
L4.9.11_1.0.0-ga_mfg-tools tools issue for flashing on Nand flash onto I.mX6ULL EVK board
Could you please do the needful in resolving the issue for the query posted in the above thread
Eagerly awaiting for your replies
I think this is useful for imx6ull evk board, since this document is released in 2015, the tool version should be old, you can refer to the document and change your own mfgtool.
Retrieving data ...