cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 10.7 Search ->File refuses to look at .xMAP file

Jump to solution
elvismemphis
Contributor I

When searching in files, there are times when I want to include the .xMAP file in the search. However, the search tool never looks at the .xMAP file.

I tried file scope of "*.c, *.h, *.xMAP" without quotes. I tried *.*. But, CW 10.7 will not give me results from the .xMAP file. So, I have to setup the project in an outside editor and search from there with a search tool that works.

Is there some configuration that needs to be set to look at ALL of the files in Workspace? Because, apparently, selecting Workspace does not actually select the Workspace.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ,

Please follow this search configuration to perform search in map file. click "Choose..." button, you can config File name patterns. I perform search with keyword ".executing_code", I can find match in "Search" window.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ,

Please follow this search configuration to perform search in map file. click "Choose..." button, you can config File name patterns. I perform search with keyword ".executing_code", I can find match in "Search" window.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
elvismemphis
Contributor I

For some reason, CW refused to search the .cmd file. I restarted CW and now it is searching the .cmd file also.

0 Kudos