CW 8.3 56800/E add second s-record and\or symbol table to debug session

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 8.3 56800/E add second s-record and\or symbol table to debug session

elvismemphis
Contributor I

The DSC 56F800 debugging seems very primitive.

In CW 8.3 (and CW 10.7 as well) I do not see how to add a second s-record to flash in the debug session. Further, I do not see a method to load a second symbol table. These features are very useful when debugging bootloader & application scenarios.

Also, I do not find any discrete control for how much flash to erase (sector control). The flash programmer that comes with CW 8.3 does provide unit, all, or page. That is helpful but still pretty course.

What are the steps to add a second s-record or a symbol table to an existing debug session?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

for CW8.3,user has to merge two S-record files manually into one, we have no such tool to do it automatically.

The S-record data format is explained in Appendix A in the document below:
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN1973.pdf 

So, user just needs to copy and paste the S3 data into one file, S0, S7 data can be unchanged.

If use CW10.7, refer solution provided by Erich

CW 10.7 56800/E, HOW DO I add second s-record and\or symbol table to debug session? 

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos