Uart1 to Uart0 configuration in vf610twr u-boot

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uart1 to Uart0 configuration in vf610twr u-boot

mohansaini
Contributor I

Hi I am trying to compile u-boot for vf610twr_config after flashing the u-boot on the target i have connected a ttl to usb converter on the serial port0 PTB10,PTB11 of the controller. But i am not able to see any data on the terminal. as u-boot comes with uart1 configuration i have made some changes to the source code to configure it for uart0 but its not working can anyone help me out what i need to do to get it working.

the changes i have made are as below to iomux-vf610.h

VF610_PAD_PTB10__UART1_TX = IOMUX_PAD(0x0080, 0x0080, 2, __NA_, 0, VF610_UART_PAD_CTRL),
VF610_PAD_PTB11__UART1_RX = IOMUX_PAD(0x0084, 0x0084, 2, __NA_, 0, VF610_UART_PAD_CTRL),

and config.h

#define CONFIG_ENV_OVERWRITE
#define CONFIG_SYS_UART_PORT (0)
#define CONFIG_BAUDRATE 115200

0 Kudos
2 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please check SERIAL_CONSOLE option in machine.conf file.

Also please check if UART0 is working at all, not as debug interface.

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mohansaini
Contributor I

Hi Victor Thanks for your reply can you please tell me where can i find that option as there is no file with the name machine.conf.

can you please look into the changes which i have mentioned in original thread are they correct or not.

Thanks

0 Kudos